COSCO SHIPPING Lines
The Rail service through Piraeus Port became available in 2014, enabling Piraeus port to serve inland destinations such as Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and of course the Balkans and Black Sea Region.The completion of Ikonio rail infrastructure provided added value to Piraeus port and great opportunity to cargo service, connecting Piraeus Container Terminal (PCT) with the national rail network.Offering rail services through Piraeus Port enhances potential opportunities for the port itself as well as for the rail industry in general.
Piraeus is the most promising port in EMEA region
- Geographical Position. Proximity in Europe, Middle East, Africa & Black Sea
- Multiple arrivals from China/Far East
- Extensive Feeder Network with EMEA Ports.
- COSCO controls the 80% of Greek rail cargo, up to central Europe
- Owned modern “Strike Free” terminal with high productivity & ability to serve 3×19,000 Teu vessel w/ no draft limitation + 1×10,000 Teu vessel w/ max. draft 13,8 meters concurrently
- No customs strikes can affect the vessel’s operations, thanks to the Free Zone Type I
- Owned Free Zone
- Owned modern Warehouse, operating within Free Zone with state of the art Control tower
- Nationalization, Calibration, Configuration
- Innovative VAT Regime
Each train can serve up to 76 TEUs (20 ft), to a remote destination,
at a competitive cost, with great lead times.
WEEKLY LINER TRAINS
Weekly Liner trains depart from Piraeus Container Terminal, (Container Yard) in Neo Ikonio, Perama, to the respective city’s Intermodal Terminal (for efficient and safe interchange between road and rail transport).
Each liner train is shunted to serve, up to 76 TEUs, to the most remote destinations in Central & South Eastern Europe.
Destinations up to 200km from the rail terminal can be served by road transport.
DEDICATED BLOCK TRAIN SERVICE
COSCO is providing dedicated BLOCK TRAIN service from Piraeus Port to Central Europe & The Balkans, customized on clients needs.
Add-On Services provided by COSCO:
– E2E monitoring through Control Tower scheme
– Customs Brokerage Services
– Warehousing (Picking, Storing, Nationalization, Calibration, Configuration, etc.)
– Last Mile trucking from Rail CY up to Door